Prices & Bookings – Terms & Conditions
Summer Fishing Season (1 October to 30 April)
NZ $795 for a day’s guided fishing for one or two anglers.
Also includes free transport by car, picnic lunch and equipment if required.
Winter Fishing Season NZ$ 480. (May 1 and September 30)
Over Night Stay: NZ$120 Camp out rate is charged per person per night for food and all equipment. Accommodation and food for the guide is extra and will be paid by the client(s).
Helicopter Tariff can be $1500 to $1850 extra, payable during your trip directly to the helicopter company.
Note: Anglers are required to hold a current fishing license while fishing with us. Click on link http://www.fishandgame.org.nz/licences
Payment Details: A non-refundable 30% per guiding day is required to fully confirm your booking. This payment can be made by either by cash, bank transfer, or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
If Paying by Credit Card: We need the Amount you wish to pay in NZ$, the Card Type (Visa or MasterCard), the Name on the card, the Expiry Date and the Card Number.
The payment of the balance can be made in advance or on the fishing day, either by cash, bank transfer, or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
Adverse weather conditions may dictate a change in venue and guide. If this occurs, we will ensure that alternative quality fishing locations and guides are chosen.
We work on a ratio of one guide to no more than two anglers. Any more anglers and you are not going to receive the attention you need and deserve. More than two anglers requires the assistance of a second guide.
To avoid disappointment, please contact us as soon as possible with your preferred dates. We will reply promptly to confirm your booking. If the dates are not suitable we will offer the best alternatives we can.
An over night stay close to the chosen fishing water can greatly improve your chances, due to the possibility of fishing the evening rise and being on the water first thing in the morning. Over night stays maximize your fishing time and minimize your travel time, but are usually only relevant for fishing trips of two or more days.
Car (4WD) is our standard way to get to our fishing waters and is included in the price.
Usually while fishing our rivers a fair amount of walking is involved. This can be varied to suit the client’s fitness levels and fishing requirements. The minimum distance walked on any full day will be 2 km (1.25 miles), but more likely twice as much. The further you go, the more fish that you come across! Please let us know what the maximum distance would be you could comfortably cope with in a day.
Walking access is usually for the fit and adventurous fishing person. Often very good river stretches can be accessed after only one to two hours walking. The fishing can be almost as good as in some of the very remote rivers only accessible by helicopter. These “off the beaten track” trips are usually over two or more days combined with over night stays to maximize the fishing time.
Packages and indicative costs as at 1 October 2017
Fly Fishing Adventure packages include:
- Fishing guiding in English or French and casting tuition
- Airport transfers if included in the package
- 4WD Transport
- All accommodation and meals as per the package description
- Use of fishing equipment if required (fishing tackle , waders and boots)
- Gourmet lunches and refreshments
- Photos and videos of your Fly Fishing Adventure
- Access and concessions
- 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
North Canterbury day fishing trips
- NZ$745 for one or two anglers and one guide
On the road again (7 days / 6 nights)
- Accommodation in B&B, motels or cabins
- NZ$4,950 for 2 anglers and one guide, per person
- NZ$8,450 for one angler and one guide
West Coast magic (5 days / 4 nights)
- Accommodation in B&B, motels or cabins
- NZ$3,500 for 2 anglers and one guide per person
- NZ$6,000 for one angler and one guide
Spring Creeks and Coastal rivers (3 days / 2 nights)
- Accommodation in B&B, Motels
- NZ$2,150 for 2 anglers and one guide, per person
- NZ$3,650 for one angler and one guide
Backcountry rivers big time (3 days / 2 nights)
- Accommodation in DOC or Private Huts
- Access to those rivers requires to fly in by helicopter. (cost is extra, at the clients charge and paid direct to the helicopter company. Tariffs vary from $1,500.00 to $2,100.00)
- NZ$2,450 for 2 anglers and one guide, per person
- NZ$3,850 for one angler and one guide
Beginner’s Package If you want to experience the KIWI fishing, but have never fished before, this is for you. Beginner’s package comprises personal tuition and introduction into the different ways of catching trout, plus field practice. They are usually held at locations with a high number of smaller fish. All equipment is included.
As brown trout are the main species we target, a fair degree of skill is required in their capture. The angler needs to posses some experience to be successful. If you are fly fishing with us chances are that it will be better if you have a basic understanding of fly casting. You are not expected to be able to cast great distances, it is always better to be accurate at 15 meters than to flail at further distance. Accuracy within 1 meter is generally good game.
©Fly Fish New Zealand Limited
Enquiries to: Tele +64 21 211 3462
Hanmer Springs, North Canterbury, New Zealand